Ofsted Questionnaire: Please complete the short questionnaire at http://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk See the Parent Zone for more details or click on the link below. Compare our school results with other Wigan and National schools: Documents now available in the Information (Exam and Assessment Results) tab.
At Winstanley Community Primary School, we believe that every person in school is a valued member of the school community whose needs, academic and personal, we must strive to meet.
Our mission statement is “EVERYONE, EVERY DAY”
We aim to:
- Provide a happy, secure and attractive environment where all children and staff are given every opportunity to develop their abilities and to contribute to the life of the school.
- Ensure that everyone in our school community feels valued, respected and listened to.
- Establish a curriculum which motivates and challenges, helps children develop lively and enquiring minds and which equips them with the firm foundations of knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for life in a fast changing world.
- Help every child to do their best and achieve the standards they are truly capable of, whatever their background, educational or physical needs.
- Promote respect for religious and moral values and tolerance for other races, religions and ways of life.
- Make a positive contribution to the life of the local community and the environment in which we live.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Half Term19Feb2018
- KS1 Wii Fit26Feb2018
8:30 am - 8:50 am @ School Hall
- Y1 Hearing Tests26Feb2018
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Gymnastics KS127Feb2018
8:00 am - 8:50 am @ School Hall
- Jolly Olly Soccer KS127Feb2018
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Mobile Phones
Please note that mobile phones should not be brought into school by pupils. Any phones found, will be kept in the school office and will need to be collected by an adult at the end of the day.
- Dinner Money
Reminder - Dinner Money of £11 is due on a Monday in advance for the week. Please check your child's Scopay Account to ensure you are up to date with payments.
- School Car Park
Despite numerous requests, parents/carers/grandparents are using the car park to drop/pick up pupils. Staff are unable to access the car park and are having to park away from school and are therefore late for work.
- School Holiday Pattern 2018-19
The holiday pattern for 2018-19 has now been approved and can be found on our website under the General Information tab.